Planex Factory Tour Open State 2017
Presented by Open House Melbourne on behalf of Creative Victoria and NGV for Melbourne Design Week the theme for 2017 is Design Values. It asks: what does design value and how do we value design?
Planex invite you to join us for a factory tour of our Hallam manufacturing plant as part of Open State 2017 to explore our design process followed by coffee and tea with an opportunity to meet designers and the people who make our furniture.
Visitors will be taken on a journey through the prototyping showroom, pre-press, steel punching line, powder coat line, finishing area, dispatch and R&D department. Designed by Inarc Architects and winner of the RAIA ‘Best Commercial Building: 2004’, our 7000m2 purpose built factory which utilises solar and LED has become a benchmark for Australian manufacturing.
See below for booking info or email email@example.com
Open State is part of Melbourne Design Week an annual design program linking creativity with business and community. Each year the program explores the value of good design in a ten-day, city-wide celebration providing talks by leading designers, tours, workshops and industry events at NGV and partner venues throughout Melbourne.
As an Australian family owned furniture designer with over 40 years experience manufacturing steel furniture, our designs reflect a commitment to designed-in longevity with the ability to reuse, reconfigure and recycle. We like to call this ‘built-out obsolescence' which forms the basis of our design philosophy.
Our manufacturing facility uses Solar and LED utilises lights off manufacturing and automation, is ISO14001 & ISO9001 certified, use Bluescope recycled steel, all products are manufactured for disassembly, VOC complaint and all polymer parts are labelled for segregation and sorting. Additionally, high volume products such as our xLocker2 range are durability and fitness for purpose tested by AFRDI-Furntech.
Planex Manufacturing Features:
• Australian designed and made furniture
• Design led company
• State of the art sheet metal production facility
• Specialists in flexible, adaptable storage solutions
• 40+ years evolving designs to meet end-user needs
• Utilises energy efficient solar and LED
• Automated production line with lights off manufacturing
• Two powder coat lines offering over 150+ powder coat finishes
• Short responsive lead times
• Custom designed products
• Sustainable manufacturing
• Locally sourced materials
• ISO14001 & ISO9001 certified
• All products VOC compliant
• Manufactured for disassembly
• Polymer parts labelled for segregation
• Products contribute maximum points towards green star rated projects
• High volume products durability/fitness-for-purpose tested by AFRDI-Furntech