Join Our Team
Are you interested in a sales career where quality, innovation, sustainability and design are central values? If the answer is yes, then we’ll welcome you to our close-knit team!
Planex Sales is an iconic brand within the design industry and has been in business for over 45 years. We are proud to be an Australian manufacturer and have become the foremost destination for architects, interior designers and commercial builders seeking creative storage products.
We’re committed to authentic design, and providing our clients with the most appropriate and innovative solutions that meet their specific needs. We proudly embrace environmentally sustainable manufacturing and technologies to produce our award-winning products. We are committed to Workplace Health & Safety, and cultural diversity.
About the Position
We are looking for a dynamic and talented individual to help continue to grow our business in the Architecture & Design Industry in Sydney/NSW. This role requires building strong relationships with our database of Architects, Interior Designers as well as actively pursuing new clients within the industry.
You will be responsible for sales by actively maintaining regular contact with clients, build relationships, discuss/consult product ranges suitable for up-and-coming projects/tenders. You will be well remunerated with a salary package plus structured commission. Ideally, you will have design-based commercial furniture sales experience and/or 5+ years within the A&D sector.
Reporting to the BDM, the duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
- Day to day management of key A&D accounts including keeping informed of key projects and upcoming tenders.
- Enter sales quotations, tenders and leads into our CRM and ERP system and maintain account progress through to order confirmation.
- Achieve set KPI’s and sales targets while maintaining agreed margins. It is expected that you will spend on average 50% of your time in the marketplace and achieve an average of 15 quality calls/visits per week.
- Provide monthly accurate sales reports including current quote pipeline, reporting on current industry behaviours and market forecasts, directions for sales growth, contact activity and product feedback.
- Opportunity generation via personal and team relationships and regular contact and networking activities. Note some of these events may include openings, trade fairs and exhibitions that are outside of the normal 9-5 working week.
Our preferred candidate will have:
- Exceptional communication and presentation both visual and verbal.
- Ability to create mutually rewarding relationships that foster trust and repeat business
- Highly motivated and able to work autonomously and remotely (as Head Office is in Melbourne).
- A background in the A&D industry is strongly preferred.
- Good understanding and willingness to learn about our products.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge to meet the needs and requirements of our customers.
- Exceptional people skills with an ability to educate, guide and advise on the best options available for our clients.
- Proven experience of working closely and delivering on expectations for stakeholders
- High level of attention to detail and a flair for design aesthetics.
- Ability to work from a home office or serviced office environment.
Qualifications and experience requirements:
Passion to make a difference
Formal Sales Training Desirable
Current Driver’s License
Minimum 5+ years demonstrated experience in an A&D sales role
Good understanding of the commercial procurement process with a strong emphasis on specification and driving new opportunities throughout the project timeline.
High attention to detail and accuracy
Full right to work in Australia essential
Salary will be negotiated subject to the experience and qualifications of the candidate.
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume along with a covering letter highlighting your relevant experience to the criteria outlined to Karina Clarke by close of business on 7th June 2021.