Join Our Team
Production / Industrial Design Graduate
An expanding Australian company requires an enthusiastic individual to be part of an ever-growing manufacturing/production team.
Our company is one of Australia’s leaders in the manufacture of office storage equipment. Situated in Melbourne’s outer southeast suburbs, our company’s modern manufacturing plant is equipped with state of the art automated sheet metal equipment.
Planex is offering a challenging new role for a “Graduate” Production/Industrial Designer to provide support to our company. This role would suit a recently qualified Industrial Design graduate. The successful applicant will work closely with the product development team, plant manager, production supervisors and Business Development Manager.
Full training on all aspects of our work will be provided to the successful applicant.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Create technical drawings.
- Upkeep of the drawing office/system.
- Assist with production procedures.
- Product design and presentation drawings for tenders and sales quotes.
- Create “bill of materials” (BOMS) for new and current products.
- Participate in the Research and Development of new products.
- Investigate/improve production/manufacturing methods.
- Apply and upkeep documentation, maintain the Australian Standards and regulations in regards to all relevant Australian Standard.
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Sound knowledge of Auto Cad/Solid Works.
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Creative, lateral thinker with a strong understanding of systems &
- PC skills in MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS-Outlook.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of design, form, function and manufacturing processes.
- Good administrative skills.
- Team-oriented attitude.
You will be reporting directly to the Plant Manager and work closely with the Business Development Manager to refine and develop new prototypes for internal review. A competitive rate will be negotiated for the successful candidate.
To apply for this position, please attach your resume along with a covering letter outlining your relevant background for this role to Karina Clarke by the close of business on 3rd September 2021.