Planex Sales Pty Ltd as trustee for the Planex Sales Unit Trust ABN 55 921 612 267 (Planex, we, us, our) is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) which set the standard for how we deal with your personal information.
1. What personal information we collect about you and how we collect it
Personal information has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act and includes information or an opinion (whether true or not) about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
How we collect personal information
In general, Planex collects personal information about its customers, business partners, contractors, suppliers, prospective employees, and the employees of its contractors, corporate customers and suppliers.
In the course of providing you with products and services, we collect personal information in a variety of ways. Unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so, we collect your personal information from you directly.
In some cases, we will collect information about you from a third party. For example, if you are a customer, we may collect your personal information from the business partner that engages us for your project. If you are an employee of a corporate customer, contractor or supplier, we may also collect your personal information from your colleagues or employer.
At the time we collect your person information, or as soon as practicable after we have done so, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to notify you of the collection and of any matters relevant to the collection, unless it is obvious from the circumstances that you would know or would expect us to have the information.
We may collect personal information about you when you:
- or your employer purchases and uses our products or services;
- make an enquiry about our products and/or services (including at a showroom or through our website www.planex.com.au);
- subscribe to our newsletters;
- or your employer provides us with goods or services;
- or your employer becomes a corporate customer, contractor or supplier of Planex;
- visit or use our Website;
- apply as a candidate for a position of employment with Planex,
or otherwise interact with us in your capacity as a customer, supplier, contractor or other person with a business relationship with us.
The personal information we collect
We aim to collect personal information only if it is reasonably necessary to providing the service, product or information you have requested from us.
Depending on who you are (for example, a customer, supplier, or contractor to Planex) and how you interact with us, we may collect and hold different personal information about you.
In general, you can assume that we may collect and hold the following personal information about you:
- address, email address, telephone number and other contact details;
- details about you to assist in managing our relationship with you; and
- details of the products or services we have provided to you or about which you have enquired, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries.
If you are a prospective employee, we may collect details about your employment history and other details about you to assist with the recruitment process. We may collect this information from you directly, or from a recruiter.
If you are an employee or officer of a corporate customer, supplier or contractor, we may collect personal information about the business that you represent.
For each visitor to our Website, we may also collect non-personally identifiable information using third party website analytics providers.
2. Purpose of collection
We collect personal information primarily to:
- provide you with the products, services and information that you request from us;
- contact you in connection with the provision of products and services, and manage our relationship with you or your organisation;
- provide you with information about Planex’s products and services; and
- suggest Planex products and services to you.
If it is reasonable to expect that we would use or disclose your personal information for purposes which are related to the above primary purposes, we may also use or disclose your personal information:
- to provide customer support, including by assist you with enquiries or complaints;
- to develop and improve the services, products and communications we provide, as well as our customer service and relationships;
- in connection with the sale of our products or services, for billing, shipping, warranty, service communications or account management purposes;
- to conduct product development and research; and
- to comply with our legal obligations (including to comply with any law or any lawful request of a law enforcement agency or government authority), resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our customers, and enforce our agreements with third parties (such as your employer).
We may use information collected through our website for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalised content to you while you are at our Website.
- are a supplier to us, we may collect your personal information primarily to contact you for business purposes and manage our relationship with you or your organisation; or
- are an employee or officer of a corporate customer, contractor, agent or supplier to Planex, we may collect your personal information primarily to contact you for business purposes and manage our relationship with you or your organisation.
We may use your name, email address, telephone number and information about your interactions and enquiries with us for direct marketing purposes. Where possible, we will provide you with a choice to opt-out of any of our marketing communications. We will respect your request to decline to receive these marketing communications.
3. Sharing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- external providers of services that we may use to operate our business and manage our business systems (for example, this may include IT service providers, consultants, shipping, freight, transport and logistics providers, marketing service providers, payment processing services and other professional service providers as required from time to time);
- our professional advisors and agents;
- if you are an employee of one of Planex’s corporate customers, contractors or suppliers, Planex may also disclose your personal information to your employer; and
- if you are an architect or other business partner, we may disclose your personal information to customers or potential customers;
- if you are a customer or end-user of our products, we may disclose your personal information to your architect or other business who has engaged us to provide products for your projects.
We may disclose your personal information to these third parties so that they can assist us with providing the best possible service to you, which, in relation to end-users, includes managing warranty claims.
Those third parties will be permitted to access only the personal information they need to deliver the service to Planex or to you. Planex takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
Our external IT service providers have an office in [the Philippines. Their staff in the Philippines may have access to your personal information in the course of providing us with services. We are not otherwise likely to disclose information to overseas recipients unless it is with your consent, or the disclosure is required or authorised by law.
The privacy and collection practices of entities to which we disclose personal information are governed by their own privacy policies and collection notices.
We will not otherwise disclose information about you unless:
- the disclosure is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to our disclosing the information about you.
4. Employee records
The handling of personal information by private sector employers, including the Planex, is exempt from the Privacy Act if the personal information relates directly to a current or former employment relationship between Planex and an individual and is part of an employee record relating to that individual.
An employee record is a record of personal information relating to the employment of the employee. Examples include but are not limited to health information and personal information about the employee’s engagement, terms and conditions of employment, training, performance/conduct (including discipline) and termination.
We comply with the Privacy Act in respect of the collection of all personal information including health information about employees (including your COVID-19 vaccination status or a medical certificate given by a medical practitioner). We only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for our functions and activities and will only do so either with your consent or as otherwise required by law.
The primary purpose for collecting your personal information is to administer your employment, salary and entitlements, maintain your employee record, for the provision of associated services, and to meet our legislative requirements. In connection with your health information, we may also use this information to comply with the requirements of the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (Vic), the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic) and to otherwise manage or prevent COVID-19 in the workplace.
5. Quality of your personal information
We aim to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up to date. To assist us in this, you need to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as requested and properly update the information to us to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete.
If you believe that the information we hold is not, or is no longer, true, accurate, current, or complete, please contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
6. Securing your personal information
We take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technological measures to protect your personal information.
We take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed.
8. Accessing and correcting your personal information
You have a right to request access to, or the correction of, your personal information that we hold about you, subject to exceptions allowed by law. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
We will give you access to, or correct, your personal information unless there is a lawful reason for refusing your request for access or correction. If we refuse your request we will give you a written notice explaining our reasons for that refusal and how you may complain about that refusal.
9. Change in control of Planex
If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of Planex, any entity in the Planex Group or our business to another entity (including in the course of a transaction like a sale, merger or acquisition or as part of a dissolution, liquidation, administration, receivership or other form of insolvency), you agree that your personal information that is held by Planex may be disclosed to a third party, prospective buyer, transferee or insolvency practitioner and that this is reasonable to enable that party to continue or manage the business.
If you have a complaint about our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, or you wish to make a complaint about a breach of the APPs, please contact our Privacy Officer at the details set out below.
In your complaint, please set out the details of your complaint and your contact details. Our Privacy Officer will contact you to acknowledge your request and ask for any other applicable information. Our Privacy Officer will then investigate the issue and advise you in writing of the outcome.
You can also make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. Further information is available at www.oaic.gov.au.
11. Contacting us
Our contact details in respect of any issues in relation to privacy are:
Telephone +61 3 8795 1100
Post Attention: Privacy Officer
Planex Sales Pty Ltd
191 Princes Highway, Hallam, Victoria 3803